Dienstag, 31. Mai 2016

The Promise

The blue sports bag is sitting in our guest room. Every time I see it, it brings a smile to my face.
It isn't the design of the bag, or even the content-I assume clothes-  it rather is the promise it holds.

A promise is a commitment by someone to do- or not do -something, a declaration assuring that one will -or will not- do something.( Wikipedia )
In this present time, promises are often broken, even vows that should last a lifetime, are too easily breached. Still, a promise given to us by someone we trust, is like a foretaste, a deposit of the expected event itself. 
I live on promises, every day. Some are as simple as :,,I'll be home for lunch"
or ,,I'll call you next week." 
My beloved husband has promised to love me until death tears us apart, and my Heavenly Father has promised to be with me eternally and that His Goodness will prevail.
 Such promises, carry me through the dark times and cheer me on when I tend to lose my focus. Such a promise has the capacity to change my attitude and to fill my heart with peace and joy. 

The blue bag is sitting in the guest room. Some would say it's just a bag. I see a promise.
The absentee owner will come back soon, and so I rejoice.

On which promises do you life? 

Andreea :)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen